Diabetes Australia, through funding from the National Diabetes Services Scheme (NDSS), has developed this online diabetes program for workers in the mental health field.
The three case study modules take approximately 2 hours to complete and cover the following topics:
- Types of diabetes (type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes)
- How to identify those at high risk
- Screening and diagnosis of diabetes
- Prevention and management of diabetes, including the burden of ongoing self management
- Complications of diabetes, and the impact of diabetes complications on quality of life and wellbeing
- The strong association between diabetes and psychological problems.
Advantages in undertaking this program
- Gain increased knowledge of diabetes
- Learn who should be screened and referred for diagnosis and management
- Understand the bi-directional relationship between diabetes and mental health problems to better manage both conditions
Register & Login